The authentic recipe for Portuguese pudding
Egg pudding (Pudim de ovos) is a traditional dessert in Portugal. It is a popular dessert, made at home, with rather... nutritious ingredients!
★ Ingrédients (6 people)
- 400g of sugar
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 litre of whole milk
- Liquid caramel (to be measured according to your preferences)
- 200ml Port wine (optional)
- Break the eggs and mix them with the sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the milk and port wine and mix them together to remove all the lumps.
- Turn the mould over and fill its bottom with the caramel.
- Pour the egg, sugar and milk mixture into the pan and close it with the lid.
- Place the mould in the oven on a tray at mid-height filled with water to prepare the cooking in the water bath.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 200°C
- After cooking, let the pudding cool down and put it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours
The advantage of this dessert is that it requires only the ingredients usually found in all kitchens: sugar, eggs and milk. All you need is the right mould to cook the pudding in a water bath. So, to cook this famous repicpe I propose you this authentic aluminium Pudim de ovos mold.