Why I love it
- The freshness of the sardines is perceptible as soon as the can is opened.
- The texture of the sardine is both fleshy and melting.
- The design of the packaging, deliciously retro and Portuguese.
- Perfect for an aperitif with friends.
- 1 tin of sardines in olive oil.
- 1 tin of sardines in olive oil and tomato.
- 1 tin of sardines in olive oil and lemon.
- 1 tin of sardines with escabeche sauce.
A unique opportunity to find in your home the famous sardines of the Conserveira de Lisboa
Tricana's reputation is based on its rejection of mass production and respect for traditional production methods. It is only during the fishing season, starting in April each year, that these sardines are canned. Their origin is clear: the North Atlantic coast of Portugal. This is the guarantee of healthy, fleshy and sufficiently fatty fish preserved in olive oil.
My little tip: A best before date is always indicated on the cans but sardines in olive oil can be stored for several years because they improve with age. The cans should be returned regularly.