Padrão Azulejo 11x11cm
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison en 48H ou 4 jours à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
Magnificent replica of an authentic Portuguese Azulejo from the 17th century. A very beautiful decorative object, this azulejo can also be used as a paperweight, coaster or even a trivet thanks to the cork piece covering its back.
It is also available without a cork piece on the back, to be mounted in wall panels or friezes. For large quantities, please contact us using our contact form.
Why I love it
- The delicacy of the painter's gesture makes it a unique object.
- The traditional method of fabrication
- An Azulejo that resists shocks and temperature variations
- Size: 10.8 x 10.8 cm
- Thickness: 4mm without the cork piece
- Weight: 120 g
Make no mistake, this Azulejo is not just a simple industrially printed faience tile that you can find in souvenir shops.
This object is a real clay tile, enamelled on one of its sides, handcrafted according to the traditional methods of manufacture of the Portuguese Azulejos and entirely handpainted reproducing the ancient gestures so as to enable all those shades of blue, so typical of genuine Azulejos.
The "Padrão" azulejos appeared in Portugal at the end of the 17th century and replaced the patterned azulejos which were then outdated. They are characterized by their cobalt blue colour inspired by Chinese porcelains imported by the Dutch and by their patterns inspired by nature, plants, animals and faces that the painter sees around him.