Padrão Azulejo 11x11cm
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
Amazing replica of an authentic 17th century Portuguese Azulejo. This very decorative object can also be used as a paper press, a coaster or even as a table mat thanks to the cork piece covering its back.
On request, it can also be delivered without cork on the back so in order to be mounted in wall panels or friezes. In this case, and for large quantities, please contact us directly using our contact form.
Why I love it
- The delicacy of the craftsman's work on one of the most difficult forms of Azulejos to achieve.
- The reproduction, in the same way, of several hundred years old methods of manufacture
Make no mistake, this Azulejo is not just a simple industrially printed faience tile that you can find in souvenir shops.
This object is a real clay tile, enamelled on one of its sides, handcrafted according to the traditional methods of manufacture of the Portuguese Azulejos and entirely handpainted reproducing the ancient gestures so as to enable all those shades of blue, so typical of genuine Azulejos.
The "Padrão" azulejos appeared in Portugal at the end of the 17th century and replaced the patterned azulejos which were then outdated. They are characterized by their cobalt blue colour inspired by Chinese porcelains imported by the Dutch and by their patterns inspired by nature, plants, animals and faces that the painter sees around him.
This Azulejo is part of a collection of handcrafted and hand-painted Azulejos that you must discover.
- Size: 10.8 x 10.8 cm
- Weight: 120 g
- 1 enamelled side + 1 cork-covered side