Black Terracotta Cup from Bisalhães
- En cours d'approvisionnement
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
We have run out of stock for this item.
This cup, used in Portugal for more than 500 years, is part of the porteries turned by Jorge Ramalho, the last potter to use the ancestral technique of making black pottery from Bisalhães.
The originality of this pottery lies in its color, which can vary from coal black to dark gray. This coloring is obtained naturally by firing in the open air, in a fire of wood, grass and damp earth.
More than an object, this cup is a part of the Portuguese heritage, considered today as world heritage to be safeguarded, by UNESCO.
Why I love it
- A part of the Portuguese heritage recognized by UNESCO.
- A unique object and an ancestral technique.
- A very original decorative object
- Height: 10cm (3.9")
- Width : 8cm (3.1")
- Weight : 250g
More informations ?
If you want to know more about this manufacturing process, go to our blog and read our article on the black pottery of Bisalhães.