Medusa e o Manjerico I Earthenware plant
- En cours d'approvisionnement
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
We have run out of stock for this item.
"Medusa e o Manjerico" is an entirely handmade piece, composed of a terracotta pot and a glazed earthenware bell reproducing the Portuguese basil "Manjerico". It is decorated, traditionally, with a flower in colored paper accompanied by a popular quote from the poet Fernando Pessoa. Inside the pot there is also a bag of Portuguese basil seeds.
Typically Portuguese, this piece is a reproduction of the basil that is traditionally offered to ladies, as a symbol of love, during the feasts of Saint Anthony.
This piece comes with an original tale "The Medusa and the Manjerico", which tells the story of a hero named Perseu who fell in love with Medusa, the legendary snake-haired woman whose gaze turns everything into stone. This tale is translated into Portuguese, French and English.
Why I love it
- A very beautiful evocation of the Portuguese popular culture.
- A whole world of literary talent, history and craftsmanship.
- Dimensions: 9x15cm
- Designers: Rute Rosa & Sérgio Vieira
Rute Rosa & Sérgio Vieira have created an experimental design space that draws on Portuguese stories and popular culture to reinvent traditional objects.
This experiment was born from the desire to tell stories through objects. These two artists combine Rute Rosa's passion for ceramics and Sérgio Vieira's innate talent for developing auteur projects based on experimentation and innovation.