Rooster of Barcelos I Cork key ring
- En cours d'approvisionnement
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison en 48H ou 4 jours à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
We have run out of stock for this item.
Original, elegant, ecological and practical, this cork key ring is tinted with natural pigments. The treatment applied to it makes it very resistant, waterproof, light and soft to the touch. It is a very modern and ecological alternative to leather from animals.
Why I love it
- The Rooster of Barcelos is one of the symbols of Portugal and represents faith, justice and luck.
- Cork, very resistant and very light, is an ecological alternative to the use of animal leather.
Features and characteristics
- Height: 10 cm
- Width: 6 cm
- Material: Cork
Please note: Cork is very resistant, to clean it, simply use a damp sponge and soap.
The legend of the rooster of Barcelos
Barcelos is a small town in Northern Portugal. Several crimes were committed there and no culprits were arrested until the day a pilgrim travelling to Saint John of Compostela was found guilty by the court.
He claimed his innocence and to do so, went to the judge. Seeing a rooster in a basket near him, the accused said: "It is as true that I am innocent, as a proof, your rooster will rise and crow or I will be hanged!
The cock crowed and the judge ran to the place where the man had been hanged. He found that after the knot was incorrectly tightened, the man was alive. He was thus considered innocent and released.