Rooster of Barcelos I Quilling Painting
- En cours d'approvisionnement
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
We have run out of stock for this item.
This beautiful mural painting representing the Portuguese Rooster (Galo) is made of small strips of folded paper by Cândida Conde Miranda. This small painting is a concentrate of artisanal techniques, modernity, and Portuguese culture. This technique is called quilling art.
Why I love it
- Cândida's extraordinary mastery of quilling art allows her to create extremely detailed and meticulous objects.
- The artistic and modern reinterpretation of the icons of Portuguese culture.
Please note: This painting is a unique piece handmade by Cândida Conde Miranda. The painting you will receive is as close as possible to the copy presented here, but some small details may differ.
About Cândida Conde Miranda. Cândida is a renowned Portuguese artist, graduated from the Fine Arts School in Lisbon (Faculty of Belas-Artes da Universidade de Lisboa) who exhibits and sells her works in museums or contemporary art events such as the Biennale of Fine Arts in Marinha Grande or the Biennale of Gravura da Amadora.
About the quilling art technique. This technique, also known as paper filigree or quilling art, is a fairly old technique that dates back to the Renaissance in France. This technique was then commonly used in the making of reliquary paintings.
Features and characteristics
- Supplied in a cardboard box with cotton cord
- Wall hook on the back
- Frame material: Painted wood and plexiglass
- Height: 25cm
- Width: 25cm
- Thickness: 5cm