Black Tea from the Azores I Ginjinha
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison en 48H ou 4 jours à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
Inspired by the traditional flavours of Portugal, this black tea combines perfectly with the acidic and sweet aromas of cherry liqueur.
This high-quality tea is grown in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean where exotic flora gives its leaves a unique flavour. Rich in theine, strong in the mouth and without bitterness, this tea is perfect for breakfast.
Why I love it
- The only tea grown in Europe, on the island of São Miguel, in the Azores.
- A tea flavored with cherry liqueur (Ginjinha) typical of Portugal.
- An organic tea, protected from pollution because it comes from a plantation located in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Content: 50g
The Gorreana tea plantation is located on the northern slope of the island of São Miguel, the largest island in the Azores, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Together with its neighbour Porto Formoso, they are the only tea plantations in Europe. Tea has existed in the wild in the Azores since the 18th century, but its cultivation only began in 1874. The Gorreana plantation that produces this green tea is, therefore, more than 100 years old but produces only 40 tonnes of tea per year compared to the average of 2500 tonnes per plantation in Asia.