Covid-19 info I Daily Shipping I UPS delivery recommended
An exceptional and entirely handmade teapot in fine enamelled stoneware. This teapot comes with an original tale "The 5 Varinas and Tea" translated into Portuguese, English, and French.
This teapot is a tribute to one of the most emblematic traditional figures of the city of Lisbon and Portugal: Varina. The first series of this teapot was part of the exhibition "Varinas de Lisboa" at the Palace Pimenta Museum in Lisbon.
Why I love it
- Typically Portuguese, this unique teapot was welcomed by one of the most beautiful museums in Lisbon and represents a part of Portuguese folk culture.
- Carefully handcrafted but extremely resistant, this teapot is can be used daily.
- More than an object, it is a whole universe that is presented here, drawing on literary talent, the history of Portugal and traditional craftsmanship.
Features and characteristics
- Dimensions: 15x18x26x26cm
- Capacity: 1 litre
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
Designers: Rute Rosa & Sérgio Vieira
The History Laboratory (Laboratorio d'Estorias) is an experimental design space that draws inspiration from Portuguese stories and popular culture to reinvent traditional objects by preserving an endangered manual ceramic manufacturing technique specific to the Caldas da Rainha region.
The History Laboratory (Laboratorio d'Estorias) is a joint creation of Rute Rosa and Sérgio Vieira, both from the ESAD of Caldas da Rainha (Upper School of Arts & Design). This experience was born from the desire to tell stories through objects. These two artists combine Rute Rosa's passion for ceramics with Sérgio Vieira's innate talent for developing author projects based on experimentation and innovation.
If you are interested in the work of Rute Rosa and Sérgio Vieira, please discover the whole collection of the Laboratorio d'Estorias.