Copper cataplana 5/6 people - 30 cm
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison en 48H ou 4 jours à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
This Cataplana is an authentic Portuguese Cataplana hammered and tinned with copper, manufactured in Barcelos in Northern Portugal. Due to its traditional manufacturing, this Cataplana is a healthy and solid utensil that will remain intact after years of use.
Made up of 2 half-shells connected by a removable hinge and equipped with a closing system, the Cataplana makes it possible to steam quickly, preserving food and using very little fat.
Why I love it
- Fast and healthy cooking with little fat.
- Steaming preserves the texture and taste of the ingredients.
- Used for the preparation, cooking and presentation of the dish at the table.
- Traditional cataplana in copper-tinned aluminium.
- Uniform heat distribution due to copper coating
- Flat bottom for gas or electric fire (not induction compatible)
- Diameter: 30 cm
- Capacity: 5/6 people
For this bulky product, we recommend that you select UPS home delivery including our replacement guarantee in case of loss or breakage during delivery.
When cooking with your Cataplana, do not use metal objects (spoons, forks, etc.) and do not wash it in the dishwasher, with dishwasher detergents, steel wool pads or any other abrasive products, as they could scratch the protective pewter surface or the copper itself.
Never put the Copper Cataplana on the stove or in the oven without putting enough liquid or grease on it to prevent it from drying out.
Copper gets colored when it heats up. It is best to put the cataplana in hot soapy water right after use to soak up any food scraps. Then clean the Cataplana with a soft cloth. Do not use abrasive products for cleaning.
In need of ideas?
Native to the Algarve, the Cataplana is a kitchen utensil that also gives its name to a large number of very popular recipes in the South of Portugal. I have translated for you the main recipes including those of the chef Vitor Sobral