Barcelos Rooster by Prazeres Côta - 25cm - Black
- En cours d'approvisionnement
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
We have run out of stock for this item.
The Galo de Barcelos (Rooster of Barcelos) became a Portuguese national symbol under the impulse of João Domingos Côta da Rocha.
Prazeres, his granddaughter, perpetuates the family tradition, and delivers here her own interpretation of the Galo de Barcelos, without however denying what makes its originality: its flamboyant colors and its crest always very exaggerated.
The works of Parazeres Côta, and those of her mother, Júlia, always evoke the rural life of Minho, its traditional icons and the influences of religious or mythological beliefs.
Why I love it
- An unclassifiable work between craft and naive art.
- A personal interpretation of the rooster of Barcelos.
- The authentic and unique character of each of these figurines.
- Unique piece
- Height : 25cm (9.8") approximately
- Weight : 0,5kg approximately
More informations ?
The Côta family is the most charismatic and representative family of the figurative art of Barcelos and the Minho region in Northern Portugal.
Prazeres, one of Julia Côta's daughters, continues the tradition initiated by her great grandfather, João Domingos Côta da Rocha, creator of the famous Portuguese rooster (Galo de Barcelos).
Already honored as Revelation of the Year, at the Feira de Barcelos in 2018, the Pottery Museum has just included her in an exhibition "Geração Côta" and presents several of her works belonging to the Museum's collection and to private collections.