Copper Cake Tin for Portuguese Pudding
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
Genuine, unobtainable copper-tinned aluminum mold for the famous Portuguese pudding recipe. Made in Barcelos in northern Portugal, this is a healthy, sturdy utensil that will remain intact after years of use.
Popular with chefs, copper molds offer unrivalled cooking consistency, for an incomparable pudding.
Why I love it
- Allows unequalled even cooking.
- Makes an incomparable pudim de ovos.
- Traditional Portuguese copper-tinned aluminium mould.
- Even heat distribution thanks to copper coating
- Flat bottom for gas or electric cooking (not induction-compatible)
- Diameter: 17cm (6.7")
- Height: 8cm (3.1")
When cooking with your Cataplana, do not use metal objects (spoons, forks, etc.) and do not wash it in the dishwasher, with dishwasher detergents, steel wool pads or any other abrasive products, as they could scratch the protective pewter surface or the copper itself.
Never put the Copper Cataplana on the stove or in the oven without putting enough liquid or grease on it to prevent it from drying out.Copper becomes colored when it heats up. It is best to put the cataplana in hot soapy water right after use to soak up any food scraps. Then clean the Cataplana with a soft cloth.
Do not use abrasive products for cleaning.
Running out of ideas?
Originally from the Algarve, the Cataplana is a kitchen utensil that also gives its name to a large number of very popular recipes in the South of Portugal. I have translated for you the main recipes including those of the chef Vitor Sobra