Anjo I Statuette by Prazeres Côta - 25cm
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
Prazeres Côta's works, like those of her mother, Júlia, evoke the rural life of Minho, its traditional characters and the influences of religious or mythological beliefs.
This statuette is a representation of an angel. It is the most authentic expression of the personal and creative universe of Prazeres Côta, who shapes clay, naively, representing what she sees around her.
Why I love it
- An unclassifiable statuette somewhere between handicraft and naive art.
- A burlesque and naive evocation of angels.
- A unique work signed by its author
- Height: approx. 25cm (9.8")
- Weight: 0.5kg approx.
- Delivered with certificate of authenticity
More informations ?
The Côta family is the most charismatic and representative of figurative art in Barcelos and the Minho region of northern Portugal.
Prazeres, one of Julia Côta's daughters, continues the tradition initiated by her great-grandfather, João Domingos Côta da Rocha, creator of the famous Portuguese rooster (Galo de Barcelos).
Already honored as revelation of the year, at Feira de Barcelos in 2018, the Pottery Museum has just included her in an exhibition "Geração Côta" and is presenting several of her works belonging to the Museum's collection and private collections.