Azulejo Padrão 14x14cm
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
Why I love it
- The rough and irregular aspect of the surface.
- The imprint of the brush that reveals the gesture of the decorator.
- The singularity of the object and its multiple uses.
- Dimensions : 14x14cm
- Thickness : 0,6mn
- Weight : 320 g
Don't be mistaken, this Azulejo is not a simple industrial printed earthenware tile that you find in souvenir stores. This object is a real clay tile, glazed on one of its sides and entirely hand-painted by reproducing the ancient gestures. The azulejos "Padrão" appeared in Portugal in the early 17th century and are characterized by their geometric or plant motifs. The motifs are arranged in such a way that the juxtaposition of several tiles allows to obtain a panel with a larger pattern. Their colors evolved from blue and yellow on white at the beginning of the 17th century to a predominance of dark blue and turquoise blue towards the end of the century.