Boneca Minhota I Statuette by Prazeres Côta - 40cm
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
Parazeres Côta's works, like those of her mother, Júlia, evoke the rural life of Minho, its traditional characters and the influences of religious or mythological beliefs.
The Boneca Minhota (doll from Minho, a region in northern Portugal) is a naive representation of the women who can still be found at markets and local festivals. Here, she is presented in her finest finery, dressed in her most beautiful, brightly-colored dress.
Why I love it
- An unclassifiable work, somewhere between handicraft and naive art.
- A burlesque evocation of the inhabitants of Minho.
- A unique piece signed by its author and certified
- Unique piece delivered with certificate of authenticity.
- Height: 16.6" approx.
- Width : 7.9" approx.
- Weight : 1,5kg approx.
More informations ?
The Côta family is the most charismatic and representative of figurative art in Barcelos and the Minho region of northern Portugal.
Prazeres, one of Julia Côta's daughters, continues the tradition initiated by her great-grandfather, João Domingos Côta da Rocha, creator of the famous Portuguese rooster (Galo de Barcelos).
Already honored as revelation of the year, at Feira de Barcelos in 2018, the Pottery Museum has just included her in an exhibition "Geração Côta" and is presenting several of her works belonging to the Museum's collection and private collections.