Stainless steel cataplana 32cm - 7/8 people
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison en 48H ou 4 jours à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
For this fragile product, we recommend that you select UPS shipment including our replacement guarantee in the event of breakage on delivery.
Compatible with all fires including induction, this stainless steel Cataplana allows you to naturally cook steamed dishes while preserving all the aroma and flavour of food with very little fat.
It is equipped with a hinge that allows it to be opened and closed but also to separate the two 1/2 shells. Its two handles swivel to keep it tightly closed during cooking. Its flat bottom gives it good stability both during cooking and at the table. Its polished finish on the outside and brushed on the inside combines aesthetics and practicality.
This Cataplana, with a more modern design than traditional copper Cataplanas, can be used on all types of fires. It also benefits from a very high quality of manufacture, resulting from a Portuguese know-how maintained by the manufacturer for more than a century.
Why I love it
- The first advantage of a Cataplana is its cooking mode: fast, requiring only a little fat and preserving the texture and taste of the ingredients.
- The second advantage of a Cataplana is that it is used to prepare, cook and present the dish at the table.
- This Cataplana with its modern design is suitable for all types of fires, fits to be seen at the table and can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Material: Stainless steel, polished exterior finish.
- Compatible with all kinds of heat sources, including induction.
- Diameter: 32 cm
My little tip: When the cooking is finished, bring your Cataplana directly to the table. It is designed for this purpose and its lid will keep your dish warm. You will thus reinforce the typically Portuguese side of your cooking, surprise your guests who will appreciate your recipes even more.
Do not hesitate to use the handmade plate mat that is also typically Portuguese, combining the refractory effects of glass and the protective effect of cork.
Are you short of ideas? Don't worry, I have translated for you the main recipes of Cataplana. Two of them come directly from the Chef Vitor Sobral (Many thanks to him and the Silampos Company for their Copyright Authorization).