Black Terracota Cauldron from Bisalhães
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
This small cauldron has a particular form with its 3 feet that allow to stabilize it in the ember. It is part of the porteries turned by Jorge Ramalho, the last potter to use the ancestral technique of manufacture of the black potteries of Bisalhães.
The originality of this pottery lies in its color, which can vary from coal black to dark gray. This coloring is obtained naturally by firing in the open air, in a fire of wood, grass and damp earth.
More than an object, this cauldron is a part of the Portuguese heritage, considered today as world heritage to be safeguarded by UNESCO.
Why I love it
- A part of the Portuguese heritage recognized by UNESCO.
- A unique object and an ancestral technique.
- Diameter: 14cm (5.5")
- Height: 16cm (6.3")
More informations ?
If you want to know more about this manufacturing process, go to our blog and read our article on the black pottery of Bisalhães.