Quinta Romaneira I Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- En Stock / Expédition Immédiate
- Produit authentique du Portugal
- Paiement sécurisé Carte Bancaire, PayPal ou Apple Pay
- Livraison éco-responsable à partir de 9.99€
- Echange ou remboursement pendant 30 jours
Extra virgin olive oil from Quinta Romaneira has very low natural acidity and a pleasant aromatic bouquet reminiscent of the herbs and plants that grow wild on the estate.
It is produced from the century-old olive trees of Quinta Romaneira, which benefit from a microclimate and schistose soil particularly suited to their cultivation. Harvested by hand during the winter, the olives are crushed in a granite stone mill and reduced to a paste which is then cold-pressed, producing the oil without any intervention other than pressing.
Why I love it
- An olive oil with very low acidity.
- An aroma borrowed from the estate's own plants.
- The rare production of a wine domain.
- Growing region: Douro (Protected Designation of Origin)
- Origin: Quinta da Romaneira
- Varieties: Cordovil, Galega, Verdeal and Madural
- Contents: 500 ml
- Store away from light, heat and odors.
About the olive grove
Quinta Romaneira has been in existence since 1757, is located in the heart of the Douro and benefits from over 3km of plots adjacent to the river. The olive oil comes from century-old olive trees of the traditional Cordovil, Galega, Verdeal and Madural varieties that dot the vineyard plots.
The olives are harvested by hand during the winter, around two months after the grapes are picked, then crushed in a granite stone mill into a paste that is cold-pressed.
This olive oil is packaged in an opaque glass bottle so as not to alter the taste. Once at home, store your bottle of olive oil in this way, in a dry place away from any source of heat.
Of course, this olive oil can also be used for cooking, but that would be a shame. Reserve it for simple seasonings, or better still, serve it with fresh bread as an aperitif, Portuguese style.